How to Make It: Chocolate Chip Cookie-Stuffed Cinnamon Rolls
Photo by Kiera Wright-Ruiz God help me.
Mornings are tough. Cinnamon rolls help. But chocolate chip cookie stuffed cinnamon rolls help even more.
Yes, this is real life. What a time to be alive.
ICYMI, food mashups are really popular nowadays. We've seen the Cronut, Ramen Burger and Milky Bun (to name just a few) come to life right before our eyes. Sometimes these mashups are wonderful and delicious. Other times, these mashups should just be left alone to be two individual pieces of food. However you feel about mashups, push those preconceived notions aside and be grateful that you're around for this era, because cinnamon rolls and chocolate chip cookies were just meant to be together.
When I first saw this recipe floating around online. I gasped at the sight of it. And may have even cried a few tears of joy from the pure beauty of this creation.
So let's make it.
Photo by Kiera Wright-Ruiz Really, just two core ingredients
• 1 package of cinnamon rolls
• Uncut, premade chocolate chip cookie dough
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Place cinnamon rolls onto a nonstick baking sheet.
3. Use scissors to cut along swirl of cinnamon rolls.
4. Roll 1-inch wide strip out of cookie dough. It should be a little shorter than the length of the cut cinnamon roll.
5. Gently push together the cinnamon roll and cookie dough. Then roll back into a swirl.
6. Bake for 15 minutes or until cookie part is golden brown.
7. Pour icing onto the cookie stuffed cinnamon rolls while hot.
8. Serve warm.
Serves one. At least how I eat them. Or four people, if you feel like sharing, or whatever.
This recipe is super easy and can be painlessly made after any night of partying. I'm not promising that this would be good hangover food, but it will be good hangover food.
The smell of warm cinnamon filled my apartment as the little bits of heaven baked. The combination of cinnamon rolls and chocolate chip cookies filled my heart after that first bite. After trying this perfect food mashup, my world will never be the same. Once you try it, yours won't be either.
Good morning, indeed.