Teen Nearly Dies After Ingesting Liquid Nitrogen Cocktail Served By Wine Bar

Categories: News, Really?!?!?
liquid_nitro.jpg
Flickr User star5112
This is an unrelated picture from Flickr of liquid nitrogen being poured.
The Guardian is reporting that a teenager celebrating her 18th birthday at a wine bar in England ingested liquid nitrogen that was poured into her cocktail to make it billow with smoke.

They write:

Gaby Scanlon, from Heysham, Lancashire, was with friends at Oscar's wine bar in Lancaster city centre when she began to feel ill, becoming breathless and developing severe stomach pain.

She was taken to hospital at 11pm on Thursday, where she was diagnosed with a perforated stomach. Surgeons operated immediately to save her life. Lancashire police said: "Medical opinion is that this would have proved fatal had the operation not been carried out urgently." She is now in a serious but stable condition in the Lancaster Royal Infirmary.

See also:

  The paper reports that the wine bar has stopped serving the drink and authorities were investigating the incident.

Here's a video from The Guardian of a comment made by Paul Ashton, director of public health for NHS Cumbria, of the incident :




Follow Stick a Fork In It on Twitter @ocweeklyfood or on Facebook! And don't forget to download our free Best Of App here!
My Voice Nation Help
0 comments

Now Trending

From the Vault

 

Loading...