Game of Burgers: Fast Food Fiefdom, Final Round: TK Burger Versus In-n-Out!
Well...hello again! Last time we did this tournament, Dave had a showdown between G Burger and Umami Burger in the Burger Baron category, with the La Habra upstart beating the Los Angeles chain in a controversial upset.
That was on August 9. I was supposed to follow by matching up TK Burger versus In-n-Out in the Fast Food Fiefdom category. And then...and then...and then...
I dropped the burger. Here we are, over a month later, and I'm just about to announce the winner, even though I knew the results in early August.
What happened? A bunch of excuses. I went on vacation through mid-August, then had to catch up on work the following week. Then it turned into the week before Labor Day, which meant everyone had tuned out. Then it was the week of Labor Day, which meant people were adjusting back to the grind. And then...and then...and then...
Sorry folks. But you want a winner for this category...
And the winner is...
|Love that TK!|
TK Burger. Was never a contest. While I do like In-n-Out, it simply doesn't compare to the totality of the TK experience--its secret sauce, its potato bun, the luscious patty. I matched them up two years ago, and I gave the victory to TK then, and I'm giving it to TK again.
SO...behold our Final Four in our Game of Burgers!
TK versus Mick's Karma Bar! Haven Gastropub versus G Burger! Tournament goes back on next Monday! In the meanwhile--start second-guessing!
- Round One: Fast Food Fiefdoms: Ruby's vs. Carl's Jr.; The Habit vs. Five Guys; In-n-Out vs. Fatburger; TK vs. Knowlwood's :
- Round One: Dominion of Diners: Pee Wee's vs. Red Robin; Memphis vs. The Catch; Mick's Karma Bar vs. Rider's Club; Yellow Basket vs. A's Burgers
- Round One: Gastropub Gentry: Playground vs. Crosby; Red Table vs. JT Schmidt; St. Roy Chef's Pub vs. Brü Grill; Crow Bar vs. Haven
- Round One: Burger Barons: Counter vs. Umami; DG Burger vs. Marc Burger; Slater's 50/50 vs. 25 Degrees; G Burger vs. Peter's Gourmade Grill
- Round Two: Fast Food Fiefdom: 5 Guys vs. In-n-Out; TK's vs. Carl's Jr.
- Round Two: Dominion of Diners: Memphis vs. Pee-Wee's; Mick's Karma Bar vs. A's Burgers
- Round Two: Gastropub Gentry: Haven vs. St. Roy; Crosby vs. Red Table
- Round Two: Burger Barons: DG Burger vs. Umami; G Burger vs. 25 Degrees
- Round Three: Dominion of Diners: Memphis vs. Mick's Karma Bar
- Round Three: Gastropub Gentry: Haven vs. Crosby
Follow Stick a Fork In It on Twitter @ocweekly