On the Line: Wanida Sreewarom of Thai Nakorn
This week, On the Line features Thai Nakorn's gracious Wanida Sreewarom, who very generously took time out of her day to answer our questions.
1. Dish you cook that most represents you:
Tom yum koong (hot and sour soup with shrimp). Whenever people say they want to try a real Thai dish, this is what I make, and shrimp is very popular.
2. What was the last meal you had at home?
Rice soup with fish.
3. Your favorite restaurant (other than yours):
It has to be Hong Kong Palace in Rowland Heights. I love Chinese food and I love shark fin soup and eggplant with pork.
4. Fast food guilty pleasure:
(laughs) I don't eat fast food! They aren't open early enough for me. Besides, if I went through a drive-thru, where would I eat?
5. Complete this sentence: I would like to [verb] [Food Network star] with [noun]. (for example: "I would like to BEAT BOBBY FLAY with A STALE BAGUETTE." or "I would like to SHOWER GIADA DE LAURENTIIS with FLOWERS"):
(laughs) I don't have time to watch TV either. I've watched Food Network a couple of times but not very much. Sorry!
6. Last meal of your life, what would it be?
I wish I could know when it would be! But I always eat rice soup with fish, so that's probably what it would be--I eat that breakfast, lunch or dinner!
7. Items you always have in your refrigerator:
Eggs, vegetables and chili paste. If I'm in a hurry and I need to eat something quick, I can just boil the eggs, cook the vegetables and eat them with chili paste.
8. Your most indispensable kitchen tool or appliance:
Pots! How do you cook without pots?