On The Line: Yves Fournier of Andrei's Conscious Cuisine
|Photo Courtesy of Andrei's|
1. Dish that you cook that most represents you.
Braised Beef Short Ribs - they are robust and strong but at the same time, delicate and tender.
Whole roasted duck with thyme from my garden, Fountain Valley farm stand green beans with extra virgin olive oil, Tahitian squash, cippolini onions and fingerling potatoes (a sample from one of my vendors), creamed corn, mixed greens and a glass of wine but no space for a sweet dessert, just Manchego cheese and Oregon Blue from Rogue Creamery. You just happened to ask on the right day!!!
4. Fast food guilty pleasure:
Pain au Chocolats from Cream Pan or 2 Double Doubles from In-N-Out Burger.
5. Complete this sentence I would like to [verb] [Food Network Star] with [noun].
(for example: "I would like to BEAT BOBBY FLAY with A STALE BAGUETTE." or "I would like to SHOWER GIADA DE LAURENTIIS with FLOWERS"):
I would like to challenge Mario Batali with a grinder to create a duck terrine. He tried to get my recipe years ago in New York.
6. Last meal of your life, what would it be?No special dish, just to be surrounded by my family and friends at a long table outside enjoying food together.
7. Items you always have in your refrigerator:
Butter, harissa from Tunisia, cheese, yogurt drinks and overripe bananas so my wife can bake banana chocolate chip muffins for me and everyone else.
8. Your most indispensable kitchen tool or appliance:
There are no specific tools but the quality of the ingredients to create any dish.