Two Upcoming Food/Wine/Art Events at the Shorebreak/Zimzala, Huntington Beach
The entry fee of $10 covers two wine tickets and a plate of food. All proceeds go to the city's Project Self Sufficiency, which aids low-income single parents. If you're interested, RSVP-call (714) 845-4835--then pay on the door.
You'll have to dig a bit deeper for the other shindig, Tapas & Tagines, to be held at Zimzala next Thursday, September 17. Tickets cost $75 but for that you get what sounds like a feast. Plus wine! Plus the chance to meet multiple James Beard Award-winner Joyce Goldstein! (Goldstein created the restaurant's menu of heavenly Med cuisine, along with Executive Chef Vinenct Muraco). For reservations call (714) 861-4470.
Full rundown after the jump...
8 p.m.: Seated dinner, served family style
... Followed by dessert and coffee reception on the deck
* Goat cheese, raisin and pine nut-filled piquillo peppers
* Ham and gruyère croquetas
* Grilled bread with crushed chickpeas and paprika
* Escalivada of eggplant, onions and peppers
* Albóndigas with two sauces
* Grilled shrimp with romesco
* Serrano-wrapped melon with mint and hot pepper
* Lamb tagine with raisins and almonds and couscous
* Fish tagine with chickpeas and roasted peppers
* Vegetable tajine with harissa
* Green olive stew
* Crema catalana (these will be small and almost bite sized)
* Almond semolina cake with honeyed apricots
* Zimzala chocolate ganache with olive and sea salt on grilled sourdough