On the Line: Jason Kordas of Jason's Downtown
|Photo Courtesy of Jason's Catering|
Caribbean Rumaki - bananas wrapped in applewood smoked bacon in a brown sugar rum spice glaze. Love bananas and swine is fine!!
2. What was the last meal you had at home?
Pizzadillas w/ my son for dinner with gala apples and popcorn.
3. Your favorite restaurant (other than yours):
In OC, Stonehill Tavern; in NYC, Babbo; in San Fran, The Boulevard.
4. Fast food guilty pleasure:
Wienerschnitzel's chili cheese dog--a couple times a month got to drive thru and get one on the run.
5. Complete this sentence I would like to [verb] [Food Network Star] with [noun].
(for example: "I would like to BEAT BOBBY FLAY with A STALE BAGUETTE." or "I would like to SHOWER GIADA DE LAURENTIIS with FLOWERS"):
I would like to beat all the Iron Chefs in a cook off. Then sit down with Cora and drink Ouzo. Hey, I can dream can't I?
6. Last meal of your life, what would it be?
Cream cheese & wild strawberry jam omelette with toasted English slathered in sweet butter.
7. Items you always have in your refrigerator:
Colby cheese, cream cheese, baby dills, White Castle mini cheese burgers and some frozen Trader Joe's entrees.
8. Your most indispensable kitchen tool or appliance:
My Cuisinart and spices.