Jorge Ocampo Slapped with Serious Felony Counts in Santa Ana Hit-and-Run That Killed 2
See Update No. 3 at the bottom of page 2 on the charges against Jorge Ocampo. Update No. 2 is about his arrest for being the alleged hit-and-run driver blamed for two deaths. Update No. 1 has police saying the suspect may have been racing.
ORIGINAL POST, AUG. 23, 12:18 P.M.: Two people have now died after a hit-and-run wreck this morning at Cabrillo Park Drive and Fruit Street in Santa Ana, where a driver who fled the scene on foot is being sought.
Santa Ana Police have set up a perimeter around the area where the driver of an Audi sedan that plowed into a Nissan Sentra is suspected of hiding.
He was described as Asian, 20 to 30 years old with a shaved head, white shirt, black shorts and tattoos on his arms, according to police.
UPDATE NO. 1, AUG. 23, 1:27 P.M.: The black Audi may have been racing around 11 a.m. when it blew through a stop sign heading north on Cabrillo Park Drive at Fruit Street and broadside the blue Nissan Sentra making a left turn, according to police.
The 53-year-old man of Santa Ana who had been driving the Nissan was later pronounced dead at the scene. His 50-year-old male passenger of Santa Ana died at a local hospital.
Meanwhile, the Audi driver and a passenger got out of the sedan and walked away, disappearing into a condominium complex as the driver talked on a cell phone, Santa Ana Police spokesman Anthony Bertagna reportedly told City News Service.
Witnesses said they heard loud music coming out of the Audi before the crash.