Scientology's Orange County Ideal Org Donor List: Are You on It?
Follow OC Weekly on Twitter @ocweekly or on Facebook!
This is a brief accounting summary of the project as I understand it:
1. Building purchase price: $6.2 million. April 2006.
2. Commission paid to Staubach: $160,000.
3. $175,000 paid to tenants to get them to move.
Add to this the lost of rental income for the last 4 years: $8,000 per month, 48 months = $384,000. Moreover, the lease would have been up by now, so the $175,000 tenant pay-off could have been saved. But hey! The renos had to start yesterday! "Pay him! Get him out!"
4. Now, the letter above says $1.3 million was raised in the last 6 months (more like in the last 5 years, since 2006).
5. "Management made an award of $1.2 million."
6. So that leaves a mere $2.7 million more to be raised by LRH's birthday (March 2011). And that is if the damned target stays put for a while! I'm telling you, this target has had legs for the last 5 years!
7. But let's not forget the $3 million they will hopefully get from the sale of the existing building. Back in 2006 they had multiple offers for around $5 million and they turned them down.
Do the math, and this 100 year old, asbestos-ridden, 42,000 sq. foot building is going to cost a total of $14.7 million ($350/sq. ft.).