[UPDATED with Sentence:] Sean Paul Delacerda, LA County Sheriff's Deputy, Gets 13 Years for Assaulting Ex-Girlfriend

Categories: Crime-iny
UPDATE, JULY 25, 8:26 A.M: Sitting on top of his ex-girlfriend so she could not escape and holding his hand over her mouth so she could not scream, Sean Paul Delacerda put the barrel of a gun he'd just placed a bullet in into his mouth and pulled the trigger.


The gun did not fire, but the 27-year-old Los Angeles County sheriff's deputy then pointed the weapon at the scared-shitless woman, who told the court last week she thought she was about to die.

The unidentified woman gave a statement before the judge imposed Delacerda's sentence: 13 years in state prison.

A jury in April found the four-year veteran with the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department guilty of one felony count each of assault with a firearm, kidnapping, false imprisonment by violence, and one misdemeanor count of domestic violence battery. A sentencing enhancement for the personal use of a firearm was also found true.

Delacerda's conviction came nearly a year to the day after he broke into the home of the woman he'd dated for two months. He waited there until she returned, then accused of her cheating. That's when he put a bullet in the cylinder of the firearm.

Keep in mind the couple had already broken up. The woman was also subjected to being grabbed, chased, tackled, climbed on top of, silenced with his brutish hand, dragged into her bedroom, pushed into her closet, forced at gunpoint to open her e-mails so he could read them and that sadistic gun show.

She told the court Friday that she continues to have panic attacks and has a hard time trusting people.

With Delacerda having admitted to everything during the trial except ever assaulting the woman, she also stressed the importance of his learning that he is responsible for both the hurt caused to her and the punishment he is receiving because of his actions.

He'll have some time to stew that over.

UPDATE, APRIL 15, 10:43 A.M: After accusing his ex-girlfriend of cheating and violently holding her against her will at gunpoint in her apartment, 27-year-old Sean Paul Delacerda has been convicted of assault with a firearm.

But the Fullerton resident, who faces up to 18 years in prison after his June 3 sentencing, is also guilty of posing for the ugliest police mug shot of the week. Perhaps he aped the dead-behind-the-eyes look from perps he dragged before the camera as a Los Angeles County sheriff's deputy.

A four-year veteran of LASD at the time of the crime, Delacerda was found guilty by a jury on Thursday of one felony count each of assault with a firearm, kidnapping, false imprisonment by violence and one misdemeanor count of domestic violence battery.

Nearly a year ago to the day, he broke into the home of his ex-girlfriend--who he had previously dated for two months--who was not home. When she arrived around 4 p.m., he asked where she had been and accused of her cheating before he whipped out a firearm and loading a bullet in the cylinder.

Scared, the woman tried to run to the front door, but Delacerda chased her, grabbed her by both arms, and kept her inside. He then dragged her to her computer and forced her to open her e-mail so that he could read them.

While Delarcerda was reading the e-mails, she again tried to flee out the front door, but he tackled her to the ground, climbed on top of her, covered her mouth to silence her screams, took out the gun, pointed it at his mouth and pulled the trigger.

The firearm clicked but did not fire.

Still lying on top of his ex-, Delacreda pointed the gun at her before dragging her into her bedroom and stuffing her into her closet. He then returned to the computer to read e-mails, which allowed the woman to finally break free and escape her apartment.

After she got in her car to drive off, Delacerda appeared, tried to open her locked car door and banged on her window. He jumped on the hood of her car and chased after her as she drove away.

The woman called 911 from her car, and the deputy was arrested shortly thereafter near her home. 

During the trial, Delacerda admitted breaking into the victim's home, loading one bullet into his firearm and waiting 11 hours for her to return.

He denied assaulting his former girlfriend.

The jury didn't buy it.

Sponsor Content

Now Trending

From the Vault