Walt Disney's "Treasures" Returns to D23 this August
Since its debut in 2009, the three-day event has doubled in size, touting itself as "the ultimate Disney fan event that promises to bring the entire world of Disney under one roof, providing attendees with unprecedented access to Disney films, television and theme parks as never before."
In addition to using the expo as a launching pad for sneak previews and major announcements, D23 will once again feature a museum-like exhibition of Disney memorabilia. Titled "Treasures of the Walt Disney Archives" the exhibit will showcase imagery, costumes, props and more from Disney's past.
After the jump, check out a list of what items will be on display at D23 this August, as well as a list of items I hope to see there.
|Courtesy of Disney|
|Click here to see more images from last year's D23 Expo.|
The expansive exhibit is promising to showcase the "crown jewels" of the Walt Disney Archives Collection. Included in the list are:
- Walt Disney's limousine
- a 23-foot model of Jack Sparrow's The Black Pearl
- a Dharma Initiative Volkswagen van from "Lost"
- a Mickey Mouse exhibit featuring original memorabilia
- a House of de Vil exhibit commemorating the 50th Anniversary of the animated film
That's all well and good, but I hope they also include the following in the exhibit:
- Julie Andrews, circa 1964, dressed up as Mary Poppins
- the time machine they used to bring Julie Andrews, circa 1964, back in
- the rest of the skeleton that belongs to the real skull seen on the Pirates ride
- a copy of "Song of the South" (I want to make sure one still exists)
- proof of Disneyland's secretive (and never seen) new restaurant WMDs