[UPDATED with Autopsy Results] Two Teens in Huntington Beach Found Dead Alongside Empty Can of Four Loko

Categories: Main
fourloko.jpg
UPDATE, MAY 17, 3:49 A.M.: Autopsy and toxicological reports reveal that the two teens found dead in a Huntington Beach apartment in January overdosed on prescription drugs, with alcohol contributing to one of the deaths, The Orange County Register reports. 

Aaron Saenz, 15, died from the intoxication of methadone (a narcotic used as a pain reliever), doxylamine (a sedative used to treat insomnia) and alprazolam (better known by the brand names Xanax and Niravam, used to treat anxiety and panic disorders). Chelsea Amanda Taylor, 16, had those same drugs in her system, along with ethanol, the intoxicant in alcohol.

UPDATE, JAN. 25, 9:41 A.M.: The victims have been identified as Aaron Saenz, 15, of Westminster, and Chelsea Taylor, 16, of Huntington Beach. Their bodies were found at an apartment in the 15500 block of Huntington Village Lane, LA Times reports.

ORIGINAL POST, JAN. 24, 4:21 P.M.:
 A 15-year-old male and a 16-year-old female were found dead inside a vacant Surf City apartment on Friday, the Huntington Beach Independent reports.   

Along with them? An empty can of Four Loko, the famed caffeine-spiked alcoholic beverage blamed for several deaths across the country and banned in several states.  

Last fall, the Chicago-based makers of Four Loko agreed to stop adding caffeine to the drink to comply with FDA regulators, who declared the stuff was unsafe. 
My Voice Nation Help
14 comments
Derz
Derz like.author.displayName 1 Like

poisenx_xivy....... We've never met but I was really good friends with Chelsea when we were little kids. Is there any way I could contact you to ask you some stuff?

Poisonx_xivy
Poisonx_xivy

Everybody shut up... none of that matters! She was my best friend. Aaron was cool too. Stop making a stupid case out of this. They are not dumbass's thay are not stupid! They where brilliant and something went wrong, weather it was in their plans or in their life, and now they are gone. Stop talking shit and speaking ill of the dead. I loved them, most people who met them did. Please stop... I'm hurting just reading this and its been over a year...

Jerald
Jerald

Seriously! so now I learn, It is undoubtedly 1 of the most common person's emotions experienced by individuals at some point in their very own lives.(read it too here in this post kavakava for anxiety).

Tony
Tony

These dumbasses deserved to die if they can't read warning labels or at least research the dangers of what they are putting in their body. It's called thining the herd, in this case, of the idiots. Maybe their idiotic deaths will be a wake up call to all the other dumbasses that not everything mixes too well. 

Poisonx_xivy
Poisonx_xivy

Shut the fuck up. Did you know them? No. Did you see what happened? No. They where human beings, your the dumbass for not seeing that! Hasn't anyone ever told you not to speak ill of the dead? You've done nothing by posting this but hurt a dear friend of a poor girl who never got a chance at life. Careful what you post online dumbass, cuz CHELSEAS MOM could have read this. Don't be so heartless.

M.M.
M.M.

Okay fucking listen up. It WAS NOT an accident. It was suicide. I knew Aaron. They didnt deserve to die, and using a tragic event like ths ito tr yto ban a product is just messed up, like the rest of out world. The media only does what they do to get what they want, and using this event to try to band something? Is just low. How would you feel if youre best friend,girlfriend, son, daughter, or someone close to you died. Would you be sayin they deserve to die because he didnt want to go on? And the medications up there, minus the four loko, were perscribed to him. Just back off. And stop being an overration, ignorant, self centered bastard. 

Gonzalezpeter19
Gonzalezpeter19

 HERE WE GO BLAME THE PRODUCT! RIGHT??  MY QUESTION IS WHAT THE HELL WERE THESE TEENS DOING MIXING DRUGS AND ALCOHOL?  FIRST, THEY ARE UNDERAGED THEY SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN DRINKING BUT OH WELL. BUT MIXING ALCOHOL WITH DRUGS THAT IS DOWN OUTRIGHT STUPID!!!!  THAT IS WHY AS A PARENT MYSELF I'M VERY...VERY VIGILANTE.  THIS IS TRULY A TRAGEDY

Jeffrey Steven
Jeffrey Steven

Teen prescription drug abuse is an epidemic.   Kids have no problem reaching for those Mother's little helpers.   They grab a couple of pills here and there, and share them or sell them with friends.   This is a dangerous concoction of pills.   Four Loko took a lot of heat for these deaths, when in reality, it really played no part in their deaths.

Parents need to get smart about teen drug use.   While kids may still be out trying to score weed, they are going for an easier high.   The family medicine cabinet is the place where they start their opiate addiction.   Then they move on to heroin when the pills run out, or because they need a cheaper and stronger high.

Myteensavers recommends home drug testing.   A 12-panel home drug test can ensure that your teen is not taking these medications.   Sure we can smell for pot and alcohol, but you can't smell for opiates or benzodiazepines.

233978433
233978433

 Somethingunexpected surprise

http://www.wholesalecheapcloth...  

very goodweb,believe you will love it.

exquisitewatches shirts,bags,hat and the decorations.We have good reputation, fashionproducts, 

favourableprice.

FREESHIPPING,accept paypal

J_SICKK
J_SICKK

First of all the focus should be on where they got alcohol as they we not of  age to consume the Four Loko, as well as the pills i am sure were not perscribed to either one , than the only tragic and misfourtunite loss was not because the FOUR LOKO OR PILLS ,tHE MAIN ISSUE WE ARE DEALING WITH is where the minors had been distributed to these substances that killed them. This irrelevant to what this incedent was caused by the choices made to the people who contributed to the minors, not the four loko drink nor the company that produces  beverage, IT IS THE PEOPLE WHO CONTRIBUTE TO GET THE MINORS THESE .......AND IT IS AGAINST THE LAW!

Raymundo Garcia
Raymundo Garcia

methadone I guess they didn't take the warning label to heart methadone is the one pain killer you do not want to mix with alcohol because it will kill you freaking idiots they probably thought mixing the to would make the high better but unfortunately for them and many idiots like them it does not for one thing methadone is heroin with out the high but methadone is a really good pain killer but doctors do not like to prescribe it because it will kill the user if they drink any kind of alcohol with it but the idiots out there and there is a lot of them seem to think its like hydrocodone but it is not hydrocodone is a opiate methadone is not so this has nothing to do with four loko's and everything to do with two idiots chasing a high.  

Dweezle.Di
Dweezle.Di

ok, so now it seems that 4Loko did not kill them, (or at least one) the narcotic cocktali is the culprit, sooo, where did they get them? Mothers little helpers?

Now Trending

Anaheim Concert Tickets

From the Vault

 

Fashion

General

Loading...