Snow Summit in Big Bear Reopens
Snow Summit in Big Bear, which had to close Monday because warm rains washed away the snow that had been sticking to the slopes, reopens today thanks to the severe storm that wreaked havoc on Orange County Wednesday.
"The snow is really coming down and we're expecting more heavy powder throughout the day just in time to re-open Snow Summit tomorrow," Chris Riddle, the Big Bear Mountain Resorts marketing director, says in a statement issued Wednesday afternoon.
The resort reports 10-24 inches of fresh snowfall overnight. Both Summit and sister resort Bear Mountain will have 100 percent available terrain. Reservations are recommended if you're heading up during the holiday period at bigbearmountainresorts.com or by calling 909.866.5841.
Holiday rates start today and continue through the new year. Current operating hours are 8 a.m.-5 p.m. at Summit and 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. at Bear.
Of course, check road conditions before heading up to the slopes--and carry chains!
THIS JUST IN . . . "Holiday Resort Report for Mammoth Mountain & Squaw Valley USA":
- After receiving another 10"-18" overnight, Mammoth's current base is 11'-16.5' of fresh, packed and machine groomed powder - more on the way!
- Check out recent images of the immense amount of snow Mammoth's received since last Friday on their Facebook page
- Celebrate the holidays at Mammoth, with carolers, an Art Festival, live music, Christmas Eve dinner at Lakefront Restaurant and much more, check out the full calendar.
Squaw Valley USA:
- Upper elevation base of 128"; 52" at lower elevations - 20 feet this season so far, with more on the way!
- DEAL: Arrive on January 1st for any length of stay at The Village at Squaw Valley and receive two free lift tickets - must check in on January 1st: Book online at www.TheVillageatSquaw.com and use promo code JAN1ST
- Holidays at Squaw are in full swing, featuring Santa and carolers in The Village, plus Santa taking to the slopes from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. now through the 25th. Squaw's exquisite Holiday Torchlight Parade will take place on the 24th at dusk
- Ski with Jonny Moseley Days are taking place through December 30 (Not available 12/25), intermediate and expert skiers can meet Jonny at the top of the Funitel each day at 2 p.m.