Micky Mouth on Facebook: the Hottest City Council Campaign Site in Anaheim
Mr. MM's true identity has yet to be revealed, although he does have a Facebook page.
Here is what one discovers about the candidate from the page which, as of Tuesday morning, had 838 friends:
- His personal interests include "campaigning, puppets, me, you, happiness, magic, the First Amendment, walking around" and "saying words."
- He is running for the Anaheim City Council "and it will be THE MOST MAGICAL POLITICAL RACE IN THE WORLD!!"
- "A VOTE FOR ME IS A VOTE FOR HAPPINESS."
- He has challenged Pringle "to a no-holds mud wrestling match. . . . Anytime, anyplace, sir. It's on your court now!"
- He has found campaigning difficult: "MAN!!!! POLITICIANS SAY A LOT OF WORDS!!! When I am elected these folks will be charged per word. (extra for angry words)"
- On his wall, he posted the following response in case someone has confused him with other cartoon characters hitting the campaign trail this election season: "I NEVER SAID 'TEA BAG.' I said 'TEA CUP,' like the ride where you sit in a tea cup and spin around. . . . STOP MISQUOTING ME HATERS."
- He "hired two real MONKEYS too help me get the views up on my campaign video. So far all I got is a room covered in poo and four broken keyboards. . . . MAN!! . . . monkeys are kinda dumb."
Some select Micky Mouth photos and captions on the next page . . .