7 Maloof Money Cup Misses
This one's strictly dry land, however.
Skateboarder Chris Cole, who needed a score of 93 going into his final run Sunday, put up at 97 to win his third consecutive Maloof's Money Cup at the Orange County Fairgrounds.
Here are the six other things we missed out there this weekend:
|Maloof Money Cup|
|A Lakers hero and Maloof who is not Buster are in this photo.|
- Pierre-Luc Gagnon hoisting his $75,000 check after winning the Carl's Jr Pro Vert Challenge, the X Games champion's second big win in the past two weeks.
- Leticia Bufoni, a 17-year-old from Brazil, winning the $25,000 girls' skateboard street contest.
EchaudIshod Wair taking the skateboard street amateur final.
- Dave Gravette pulling away with $10,000 after pulling off the best trick, a rail grind that ended with his flipping his board for what he calls a 50-50 kick flip. It took him 20 tries to perfect it for judges.
- Mitchie Brusco getting the OC amateur Vert Challenge crown.
- Rubbing shoulders with Sacramento Kings co-owner Gavin Maloof, LA Lakers NBA Finals hero Ron Artest and Buster Maloof--one of whose shoulders may have left me with fleas. (Buster's a dog.)
We can see what we missed on Fox Sports Net, which is scheduled to repeat its televised coverage at noon Aug. 28.