Bud Bashers Gather to Demonize Legalization
|Illustration by Jay Brockman|
- Los Angeles District Attorney Steve Cooley, who wants to be your next state Attorney General;
- Gil Kerlikowske, President Obama's drug czar;
- Los Angeles County Sheriff Lee Baca;
- Dr. Charles Sophy, medical director of the Los Angeles County Department of Children and Family Services;
- Lupe Delgado, assistant superintendent of educational services with the Los Angeles County Office of Education;
- Retired state Sen. Nate Holden, who also served on the Los Angeles City Council;
- Kath Robi, Operations Council chair with the Los Angeles chapter of Mothers Against Drunk Driving;
- Bishop Ron Allen, president of the International Faith Based Coalition;
- Bishop Henry B. Alexander, founder of Shield of Faith Fellowship;
- Bobby Hernandez, president of the California Narcotic Officers Association;
- Alison Triessl, co-founder and CEO of Pasadena Recovery Center;
- and, John Redman, executive director of Californians for Drug Free Youth.
Their shindig begins at 10 a.m. in the Universal City Hilton's Ballroom B, so let that be a warning to wait staff to finish their, um, baking in the parking lot by 9:55.