Thursday's Headlines. No Surprises: Carona Free (For Now)
- Carona free (for now): Yesterday, Sheriff Mike Carona walked out of the Ronald Reagan Federal Courthouse with his wife, Debbie, after being cuffed and held in a cell for hours. They'll be back to enter their pleas Monday. Bail was set at $20,000 for each Carona and $10,000 for the sheriff's mistress, Debra Hoffman. Coverage: LAT, OC Reg. Be sure to read Weekly ME Rich Kane's way more lively take here.
- About that fire: It's now 90 percent contained. The Register reports that some 3,000 people remain evacuated from Silverado, Blackstar and Baker canyons.
- Shitty Halloween: A 12-year-old trick-or-treater was seriously injured last night, having been struck by a Honda CRV at around 6:35 p.m.
- In case you missed it: Check out The Liberal OC's list of Orange County’s Scariest Political Bloggers.
- Knott's Freebie: U.S. veterans and military personnel get free Knott's Berry Farm admission today through Nov. 22, as part of a Veterans Month celebration.