Dennis the Not-Very-Menacing
Ohio Congressman and looooong shot Democratic presidential candidate Dennis Kucinich is coming to Republican-dominated Orange County later this month to rally some funds for his cause. During his visit he is expected to speak briefly and then, well, collect money.
Here are some things Kucinich might touch upon in his speech:
• The fact that he is the only vegan in Congress and he loves yoga
• His support of a nationwide ban on public smoking
• Wanting 16-year-olds to have the right to vote
• Ending the war on drugs and the war in Iraq
• His support for the legalization of same-sex marriage and abolishing the death penalty
• And possibly, his slight resemblance to an elf. Or maybe a pixie.
So basically, if you would like to support a peace-loving, flexible, elfish-type with a fondness for vegetables and a hatred of cigarettes in his efforts to become president, visit The Laguna Woods Democratic Club fund-raiser on Saturday, Oct. 20.
Kucinich's speech will be free and open to the public and located in Clubhouse 5 Main Lounge in Laguna Woods at 10 a.m. The private fund-raiser will begin shortly after at 10:30. $100 per attendee is recommended.
For more information on the event, contact Susan Dearing at (949) 855-6965.