Friday's Headlines. No Surprises: March of the day laborers
- In town - the third favorite Dem: Later this afternoon, former North Carolina Sen. John Edwards will be at the Disneyland Hotel to speak at the Orange County Democratic Party's 13th annual Harry Truman Awards & Dinner. In a CNN poll released Tuesday, Edwards followed Clinton (51 percent) and Obama (21 percent) with 15 percent. In other Edwards news, his wife Elizabeth will appear on NBC's "Deal or No Deal" at 8 p.m. tonight.
- March of the day laborers: This morning at 8:30, day laborers are expected to march in Orange in protest of a new law passed by the local city council, requiring proper identification. Scroll down for the usual Go-Back-To-Mexico comments at the Register's post on the latter.
- Still lost in OC: The first four stories in today's online Los Angeles Times OC section are from the county, but scroll down and you get tales from San Bernardino, LAX and Sacramento. Sigh.
- Anything for reader response? The Register has several photo contests on its website today: Best carved pumpkin (nifty), Best doggie Halloween costume (not far from their last My Dog's Face contest) and now, a hairy legs photo competition (eh?!). Ladies are encouraged to join.
- Over at our sister site: LA Weekly web editor Mark Mauer has photos from an exhibit at World of Wonder featuring Britney as Elvira, a Lindsay Lohan Halloween costume for kids (with drink+drug props), jobless actor zombies and more.