- History for sale: Items salvaged from the dismantled Pride of Newport riverboat are on eBay starting today - the proceeds will go to the Newport Harbor Nautical Museum. Pieces up thus far: a door to the riverboat's restaurant, the grand staircase chandelier (pictured), several smaller antique table lamps and more.
- Back to school: The madness at Mayflower Preschool in Los Alamitos - which was abruptly closed around a month ago amidst the unpopular firings of two veteran administrators, followed by the resignation of most of the staff in protest - continued Friday when vandals broke school windows, set off a fire extinguisher and left fecal matter in the adjacent church. The Register reports that Mayflower is reopening today despite it all - but with only 40 students, "a fraction of the 185 children who were once enrolled there."
- Later today: Should voters get the chance to decide who replaces former Anaheim Union High School District trustee Harald Martin? A judge is expected to say yea or nay at 1:30 p.m.
- Roseanne Barr for President: OK, maybe not, but the Long Beach Press-Telegram thought it was funny.
- Tonight in shakin' it: Salsa at Sachi OR line dancing at Tia Juana's in Irvine.