- Frisky business: A man and woman dressed as sheriff's deputies have been frisking - and robbing - joggers in Fullerton and Garden Grove. Worse than the real deal? Maybe. But some think not.
- In and out at the LAT: Los Angeles Times AME Janet Clayton announced the hiring of four multi-lingual staffers yesterday. Then she sent out another note saying she was on her way out.
- Lucky schmuck: U.S. Rep. Jim Sensenbrenner - millionaire and heir to the Kimberly-Clark fortune - just won the lottery for the third ruddy time. Nothing big by his standards: just $1,000 a pop the last two rounds, but still...
- New OC women's mag: Costa Mesa-based Damsel recently put out its first issue with Haley Bennett of “Music and Lyrics” on the cover. The best part: it's free.
- Check out the cup: The Stanley Cup will be on display at Anaheim's city hall on Sept. 11 from 2-5 p.m. Details here. The cup started making the rounds yesterday, reports the Times.