- The Shakespearean plot thickens: A 22-year-old Muslim man who was rejected by the devoutly Hindu family of his UC Irvine-attending ex-girlfriend has been charged with the murder of her father and sister, as well as the attempted murder of her mother. (LAT, OCR)
- Death knell for film commission: Orange County supervisors ruled to kill off the county film commission, but decided to let the tourism council live. Both were "on the chopping block for years," reports the Times.
- Goofy Hat Bandit suspect nabbed: A man suspected of robbing nearly 40 banks in a variety of fishing hats, fedoras and baseball hats was arrested yesterday in Ladera Heights.
- Schooled . . . by KCal9? The station publishes an entire 100-word list every high school graduate (and their parents) should know.
- Today at 3: Grocery workers from Fullerton are expected to rally at the Albertsons corporate headquarters to "remind" them that contract negotiations are still up in the air.