30 Facts About Ke$ha We Learned From Her New Book 'My Crazy Beautiful Life'
By: Brian McManus
If you listen closely to Ke$ha's songs (and is there any other way to listen to Ke$ha? ), you already know quite a bit about her. She wakes up in the morning feeling like P. Diddy. She uses a bottle of Jack to brush her teeth (which sounds dangerous). Etc. Etc. So on. So forth. ANYWAY, to learn more, we had an army of interns thumb through her new book, Ke$ha My Crazy Beautiful Life, and told them to find 100 fascinating facts about everyone's favorite glitter addicted C U Next Tuesday. They found 30. We listed them below. Because that's how these things work. 1. Ke$ha considers herself a writer first.
2. Scrapbooks from fans have always lifted Ke$ha up when she was feeling down. They are what inspired her picture-book reflection.
3. During her reflection.
4. "I think that's why there is an underlying message in my music that fan and happiness are never dependent on how much money you have."
5. Ke$ha's older brother Lagan introduced her to Fugazi, Sonic Youth, and OutKast.
6. Ke$ha gave her cousin Kalan a prison tattoo of a whale on her foot.
7. "Putting the $ sign in my name was my way of saying I am money."
8. Ke$ha got her skull and crossbones and dollar sign tattoos in Harlem with Benny Blanco who "wimped out like a little bit¢h" when it came time to get his own that day.
9. Lollapalooza was the first time Ke$ha's band played live together. "Fukkin Lollapalooza!"
10. Ke$ha looks to her idols Alice Cooper and Iggy Pop for inspiration when it comes to live performance.