3hree Things: Random Thoughts About The 2012 Grammys
1) The Red Carpet
- Robyn looked liked Dennis the Menace in a Princess Leia costume and a pair of Timberlands with orthopedic shoe lifts.
- Fergie wore a what appeared to be tangerine doily, and during an interview with her (and her face that has been Botoxed to the point that she's only capable of three expressions; a) surprised, b) surprised and c) mannequin) TV Guide Pre-Show host Chris Harrison said, "You look insane!" I think that was supposed to be a compliment, but I took it literally. And it worked.
- Flo Rida has a what appears to be a child's hand growing out of his right earlobe, and his lady (for the evening) appeared to have a butt stuck to her chest.
- Nickie Minaj did her best Lady Gaga. It wasn't good enough.
- Bonnie McKee wore something that made it look like she had flowing locks of golden shoulder hair. (If Golden Shoulder Hair isn't a band from Silverlake, it should be...Braxton Chadwick from Golden Shoulder Hair?)
- Some Russian pop "star" that nobody's ever heard wore a sleeve made of guns. I think we're officially out of ideas.
- Contrary to what the above photos might suggest, I think a memo went out telling the ladies that the disco ball look was in this year. I've never seen so many sequins. CLASSY BEDAZZLEMENT!
- The taller bearded guy from Lady Antebellum that forgot to button his shirt last night said, "We're here this year because we wanted to prove we weren't just a fly in the pants." When in doubt, just make shit up.