Dennis Robicheau's Five Most Formative Recordings
|Dennis Robicheau and the Sophisticates|
1. Huggable Dust, Okay. Great simple lyrics and melodies that are really smart, and some real good use of different sounds.
2. "I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry," Hank Williams. This song really captures a feeling exactly. He's one of my favorite song writers, and really incredible.
3. Anything by Doc Watson. He must be getting close to 90 now and is blind, a master finger-picker and flat-picker. He does a ton of great traditionals.
4. Orphans: Brawlers, Brawlers & Bastards, Tom Waits. To try and pick a single Tom Waits album is crazy, but this one covers so many styles.
5. L.A. EP 1x3, Flying Lotus. I don't do any music like his, but want to know how. A great sense of production and rawness.