Nintendo's 3DS Ambassador Program: Everything You Need to Know
However, many things regarding this program are a bit confusing and not so user-friendly. How do you know if you qualify? How do you download the games? What games are free? The following is a quick guide to simplify things for you.
Do I Qualify for the Nintendo 3DS Ambassador Program?
- Own a Nintendo 3DS system
- Use a wireless broadband internet signal to connect to the Nintendo eShop at least once before 11:59pm Eastern August 11, 2011.
Is There a Way to Check Whether I Qualify or Not?
There are a few ways to check to see whether or not you qualify:
- Go HERE. It's the Nintendo 3DS ambassador program eligibility page. All you have to do is enter in your 3DS' serial number located under the system, and it'll tell you whether you're in or not.
- You should receive a notification on your 3DS system stating that you qualify. It looks something like this:
- Call Nintendo and harass them. Their number is 1 (800) 255-3700. But seriously, try to figure it out first before calling them. It's not that hard!
What Games are Available With This Program?
You get 20 free games, but only 15 of them have been announced so far. There will be 10 NES games and Game Boy Advance games.
The following are the free NES games, which will be available on September 1:
- Super Mario Bros.™
- Donkey Kong Jr.™
- Balloon Fight™
- Ice Climber™
- The Legend of Zelda™
- NES Open Tournament Golf
- Wrecking Crew
- Zelda II - The Adventure of Link
The following are five out of the 10 free announced GBA games. They will be available later this year:
- Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3
- Mario Kart: Super Circuit
- Metroid Fusion
- WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$
- Mario vs. Donkey Kong