10 Things You Didn't Know About Sonic the Hedgehog
6. Sonic Has No Neck--and Has One Eye
7. Why Can't Sonic Swim?
8. Sonic the Hedgehog Was Named After a Medical Term
If you couldn't tell by the oddly familiar name of this protein, it was named after Sonic the Hedgehog. The funny thing is, a potential inhibitor to this Hedgehog signaling pathway is found and called "Robotnikinin" in honor of Sonic the Hedgehog's nemesis, Dr. Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik.
9. The Noise that Sonic Makes When He Stops is From Another Game
10. Sonic's Failed Designs Gave Birth to Many Popular Sega Franchises
|Ristar: Created as a Sonic reject|
Check out other video game posts by Peter Mai here:
- Ten Things You Didn't Know About Super Mario Bros.
- Ten Signs You're An Aging Gamer
- "Sorry, I'm Dead": 30 Most Memorable Video Game Quotes
- How the Video Game Community Is Responding to Japan's Quake Disasters
- Five Video Games to Convince Non-Gamers They Can Play Video Games
- Ten Unique Ways to Perform the 'Legend of Zelda' Soundtrack
- Also: Check out Joystick Division for more gaming news!