Top Five Kids Songs by Unlikely Bands
|Flickr user woodleywonderworks|
Remember when you were a little kid, and just after being snuggly tucked into bed at night Marilyn Manson would sing you a sweet lullaby to soothe you to sleep? No? Well, me either, but here are five bands/singers that have briefly stepped back from entertaining the grown-up world and taken a shot at singing for kids.
5. "Pre-Hibernation" by Pantera (Spongebob Squarepants Soundtrack)
4. "Alphabutt" by Kimya Dawson
Any song that mentions farts, gorilla farts and HUGE gorilla farts is a guaranteed hit with kids.
3. "The Shot Heard Round the World" by Ween (School House Rock Rocks! Album)
A kid-friendly classic from the School House Rock days by a band that has a song called "Flies On My Dick".
2. "Nasty Dan" by Johnny Cash (Sesame Street)
All I can say about this is awww.
1. "This is Halloween" by Marilyn Manson (A Nightmare Before Christmas)
It was a toss-up between this song and Manson's song "Kiddie Grinder", but I figured that one probably wasn't really meant for kids. Although, he does mention lollipops in it.
Bethany Shady is the author of children's books Matilda Turnip's Endless Belly Button and I Beg Your Pardon: The Tale of a Jerky Turkey.