Today in Music News: Coachella, Big Boi, Paul McCartney, Them Crooked Vultures, Killers, Cleveland Orchestra are Bitches
- Official Coachella roster expected to be released later this morning--for now, the "leaked artists."
- "Big Boi, Ted Leo, Mogwai, A.C. Newman, Patti Smith, Bun B Do Haiti Benefits," reports Pitchfork.com.
- Paul McCartney almost joined Them Crooked Vultures!
- Killers going on hiatus, which sounds like a fine idea.
- Millions of people are unemployed or underemployed, the whole music industry is pretty much on life support and the "Cleveland Orchestra Strikes After 5% Pay Cut Rejected ... Median musician pay in Cleveland in 2009 was $140,200, the orchestra said, which would drop to $134,100 in the first year of a new contract. Benefits include 10 weeks of paid vacation." Six-figure salary and nearly three months of vacation, mostly paid for by donations and endowments. Y'know what? Fuck them!